EFEKTIFITAS AROMATERAPI DAN PENDAMPING PERSALINAN TERHADAP NYERI PERSALINAN
Pain is a very unpleasant sensory and emotional experience. Pain during childbirth is due to uterine contractions, cervical dilation and stretching of the pelvic floor muscles. The purpose of this study was to explain the contribution of presenting aromatherapy to labor pain with the accompanying labor variable. The research design was non-experimental with a cross sectional study approach. The population was all mothers who gave birth at the Nanggung Public Health Center on 24 February - 14 March 2020. The sampling technique was accidental sampling of 40 people. Data using Chi Square test and Multiple Logistic Regression with risk factor analysis model. The results showed that 65% of the mothers who experienced mild labor pain were in labor. The provision of aromatherapy had a significant contribution to labor pain in laboring mothers (p-value 0.014) with an OR of 6.768, while delivery companions did not have a significant contribution to labor pain in laboring mothers (p-value 0.127). The provision of aromatherapy during childbirth is highly recommended to manage the pain caused by the delivery process and it is important for midwives to support mothers who give birth in managing a safe and comfortable birth experience, minimal trauma both psychological and physiological.
2. Lowe NK, Corwin EJ. Proposed biological linkages between obesity, stress, and inefficient uterine contractility during labor in humans. Med Hypotheses [Internet]. 2011 May [cited 2021 Jan 23];76(5):755–60. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21382668/
3. Judha M dkk. Teori Pengukuran Nyeri & Nyeri Persalinan. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika; 2012.
4. Tabatabaeichehr M, Mortazavi H. The Effectiveness of Aromatherapy in the Management of Labor Pain and Anxiety: A Systematic Review [Internet]. Vol. 30, Ethiopian journal of health sciences. NLM (Medline); 2020 [cited 2021 Jan 23]. p. 449–58. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32874088/
5. Rashidi-Fakari F, Tabatabaeichehr M, Mortazavi H. The effect of aromatherapy by essential oil of orange on anxiety during labor: A randomized clinical trial. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2015;20(6):661.
6. Ayuningtyas IF. KEBIDANAN KOMPLEMENTER. In Yogyakarta: PUSTAKA BARU PRESS; 2019.
7. Mutmainah AU dkk. Asuhan Persalinan Normal & Bayi Baru Lahir. In: Utami RI, editor. Samarinda: ANDI; 2017.
8. Prawirohardjo S. Ilmu Kebidanan. Jakarta: Bina Pustaka Sarwono Prawiroharjo; 2014.
9. Lewis L. Fundamentals of Midwifery: A Textbook for Students [Internet]. 1st ed. LOUISE LEWIS RGN, RM, BSc(Hons), MSc P, editor. UK: Wiley-Blackwell; 2015 [cited 2021 Jan 25]. 448 p. Available from: https://b-ok.asia/book/2575736/f12160
10. Denis Walsh, Soo Downe. Essential Midwifery Practice: Intrapartum Care | Denis Walsh, Soo Downe | download [Internet]. 2010 [cited 2021 Jan 25]. Available from: https://b-ok.asia/book/891877/d5508c?dsource=recommend
11. Karo HK, Karo HYK, Pramono N, Wahyuni S, Mashoedi ID, Latifah L. LAVENDER (LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA) AROMATHERAPY AS AN ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT IN REDUCING PAIN IN PRIMIPAROUS MOTHERS IN THE ACTIVE FIRST STAGE OF LABOR. Belitung Nurs J [Internet]. 2017 Aug 31 [cited 2021 Jan 25];3(4):420–5. Available from: https://belitungraya.org/BRP/index.php/bnj/article/view/159
12. Thomson G, Feeley C, Moran VH, Downe S, Oladapo OT. Women’s experiences of pharmacological and non-pharmacological pain relief methods for labour and childbirth: A qualitative systematic review [Internet]. Vol. 16, Reproductive Health. BioMed Central Ltd.; 2019 [cited 2021 Jan 23]. Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC6543627/?report=abstract
13. Ö BohrenMA T. Cochrane Library Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Perceptions and experiences of labour companionship: a qualitative evidence synthesis (Review). 2019 [cited 2021 Jan 23]; Available from: www.cochranelibrary.com